Applications for the 2023 Justice Catalyst/Public Rights Project Joint Fellowship are due by January 4!
Public Rights Project has teamed up with Justice Catalyst for another year to co-sponsor a special fellowship focused on innovative affirmative litigation and enforcement work in state, local, and tribal government offices. This fellowship is geared toward 3Ls and recent graduates who are interested in serving their communities.
Project are sought from diverse, creative, self-starting fellows who will pursue year-long fellowships, with a possibility of renewal for a second year. Groundbreaking ideas, including early-stage projects that are boundary-pushing in the pursuit of systemic solutions to major injustices are prioritized. Learn more about some past fellows.
Applications are due on January 4, 2023. Selected fellows will begin their placements in September 2023.
Currently, they are giving priority placement for applicants to the following offices:
- Chicago Department of Law — Affirmative Litigation Division
- Columbus City Attorney’s Office — City Solicitor’s Office
- District of Columbia Office of the Attorney General — Public Advocacy Division
- Harris County Attorney’s Office — Affirmative Litigation Unit
- Oakland City Attorney’s Office — Community Lawyering and Civil Rights
- Philadelphia Law Department — Affirmative and Special Litigation Unit
- Travis County District Attorney’s Office — Worker Rights Initiative
- Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office — Economic Justice Initiative